there is this game called blog tag, and I got tagged by MissFourEyes, and Blathering. I wonder if this means I’m double “it”? I was never good at playing tag as a kid, but I really love the writing of both MissFourEyes and Blathering, so I’ll give it another go! 🙂
Blog Tag has different rules.
1. Post these rules.
2. Post a photo of yourself and eleven random facts about you.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the tagger’s post.
4. Create eleven new questions and tag new people to answer them.
5. Go to their blog/twitter and let them know they have been tagged.
Here goes 🙂
1. Okay, rules above (little head nod thingy pointing above)
2. Photo of me
Eleven Random Facts About Me (There was this “25 Random Things About Me” thing going around on Facebook a while ago…and I just stole these from that so I didn’t have to write new ones :P)
- I would like to be a Jedi knight under the tutelage of Yoda. I have indicated as such in my grad school applications, and I am hoping that if this disclosure of my career goals does not get me into a grad program, it will at least point me toward some affordable psychiatric care
- I have a difficult time suppressing my laughter if/when I hear the word “butt”.
- I am left handed for fine motor tasks and right handed for gross motor tasks. I don’t know if this counts as being ambidextrous because I’m not able to write with my right hand or play tennis with my left hand.
- My sister-in-law and I have the same first and last name (after she married my brother). We have a club.
- I write inspirational quotes about self-acceptance on my bathroom mirror, but I erase them if anyone comes over.
- I had an imaginary friend named Jacus Loxy when I was little. I don’t remember him, but my parents do. My mom thinks he may have been a ghost or some such supernatural being. But, apparently, he was quite the friendly fella.
- I aspire to have multiple pairs of pants that have a slimming effect while simultaneously creating the appearance of a round bum.
- I like the word “monopthongal”
- I am clumsy
- One of my favorite quotes is “An abnormal reaction to an abnormal situation is normal behavior” from MAN’S SEARCH for MEANING by Victor Frankl.
- Sometimes, when I am exercising, doing yoga stuff, studying, working or doing something I just don’t want to do, I pretend I am in training to be a Jedi.
3. Answer the questions given to you in the taggers post:
- Do you think people should care more about each other’s bowel movements? Only if they are over the age of 85. I think BM’s become important then…
- What is the one thing you are most afraid of? Myself
- What is the one thing that you wish you had never touched? Poop
- What do you sing in the shower? I am afraid to!
- How do you feel about Tom Cruise? Kind of creepy
- Do you fart? Of course you do. Who do you blame it on? I blame it on myself, but then I turn bright red, and contemplate taking a bath with a toaster.
- What would you do if you met Oprah? Hmmm…I suppose it would depend on the reason for meeting her, but I’m pretty sure I’d say hi.
- Name one food you’ve never tried and don’t want to. I don’t want to try Monkey brains.
- Burps. Loud or silent? Silent
- What species do you think will take over the world some day? Puppies.
- Star Wars or Star Trek? Star Wars
1. How many goats does it take to fill a bath on Tuesdays, if the train from Central Station is travelling at 8 miles per hour, and all the stations are under water due to floods?
2. If a dozen cats sit in a tree singing “Moon River”, how many cats will be left when the cheese souffle in the oven is cooked?
3. Do cows ever get bored with standing around in paddocks chewing grass? And if given the chance, would they rather be ice-skating?
Absolutely! What cow does not like to ice-skate?
4. If you had an imaginary friend, what was his/her/its name, and what did you guys get up to together? (If you didn’t, you get off one question. Pass Go, collect $200.)
I had an imaginary friend named Jacus Loxy. We did everything together for a year or two…
5. Quote a line from a Dr Suess book and tell us what it means to you. If you have to use Google to find a line from Dr Suess, go straight to Jail and do not collect $200.
“I do not like green eggs and Ham, I do not like them Sam I am!”
What it means to me: The speaker does not care for discolored food, and he likes to rhyme.
6. What other purpose can a catflap be used for, since clearly cats have no intention of using them?
Can I use this as my free question?
7. What do you think Shakespeare meant by the line “Macbeth does murder sleep” (Answers will not necessarily be disadvantaged by not making reference to the playMacbeth.)
Wow. I am totally over-thinking this!
8. Does anyone really understand quadratic equations, or do maths teachers just grow bushy beards and wear worn out cords so that everyone thinks they do?
9. Who wins the worst moustache competition – Nietzsche or Twain?
10. Who came first, the chicken, the egg, or the cockroach? Bonus points for naming the date, time, place and name of the first arrival. (Basis in truth is not a criteria for this answer)
A literal answer is somewhat obvious, as egg-laying species pre-date the existence of chickens. However, the metaphorical view sets a metaphysical ground to the dilemma. To better understand its metaphorical meaning, the question could be reformulated as: “Which came first, X that can’t come without Y, or Y that can’t come without X?” <—-I just copied that from wikipedia so I could appear to be some semblance of smart.
11. If a blogger sends 11 silly questions into cyberspace, does anyone hear them land? If so, what sound do they make – a splash, a squelch, or that noise that the office chair makes in staff meetings that sounds as though you farted?
I heard a squelch. Is this what that was?
4. Eleven new questions.
- Do you like green eggs and ham?
- Would you eat them on a boat?
- Would you eat them with a goat?
- Would you eat them here or there?
- Would you eat them anywhere? (whew… that took care of five…)
- Dogs or cats?
- What is your favorite word?
- Do you like challenging, thought provoking questions on things like this? Or, easy yes/no questions?
- How long have you been blogging?
- Who would you be if you had a different name?
- If you had a mustache, what would you do with it?
Tagged: (I am only going to tag 2 people because I am simultaneously over-thinking and brain-dead at the same time…)